However much we have planned and however much we like the idea of getting our website live, we all put off the moment of truth with different styles of excuses.
We kid ourselves with questions and answers like:
“Have I uploaded the best possible pictures? A better one might come up next week (or next month) – phew, I can delay again.”
“Is my copy as punchy, detailed, witty, professional as it should be? If I leave it for a couple of weeks, I might come up with another idea – phew, I can delay again.”
My question to you is, will it ever be perfect or is it good enough now to do the job?
Let’s start by looking at what your website is for.
- If it is to promote your business, have you defined what your business is?
- Have you explained why your business will work for your prospective clients?
- Have you told them how you/your business will help them?
If the answer to all three questions is yes, and you have a some great pictures to make the whole thing more appealing, then it’s time to launch your website.
The following quotations both explain why beautifully:
1. A good plan, ……. executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week. ~~ General George S. Patton, Jr.
2. Le mieux est l’ennemi du bien ~~ Voltaire – (Perfect is the enemy of good).
If you want people to know what you are up to, a website that is “good enough” will do exactly that. One that is still not live and is still seeking the perfection that never, ever arrives, will not.
Be brave – go for it.
Our websites are specifically designed to make it as simple as possible to get your website live. All the basic pages are set up, with the layout ready for you to add your content. Check out an example here. Want some extra hand-holding to get your website ready to go live? Sign up to our Bite Size Website Wisdom, where we send you monthly tips to get you on your journey.